Friday, January 20, 2012

Snowoclypse 2012


This week was our week to deal with the snow. Here in Seattle, we don't deal with snow. Our streets are hilly, and truthfully rain is our thing.

We started to get our powder on sunday. Where I live it melted all by monday night. But going into work we had an average of 2 to 3 agents maybe every day.

I take public transportation, so it has been easier for me to get there. It is just knowing it will be slow going. I was able to make it every day save Wed. The reason, I got stuck half way there. Got to Bellevue and I found out that the bus I needed didn't start until after 8am. Wait what?!?

Now, my only rule of getting to work is if the bus that takes me in front of the office isn't running, I don't come in. These buses only run for about 3 hours in the morning and about 3 hours in the evening.They are commuter buses So you can imagine how frustrating this can be.

Now nearly every day this week I have been able to get to work on time. Only Monday I was half hour late, and was able to make it up the next day. But Friday, I am on my way home, I stood out at the stop for an hour. Normally the Buses run every half hour or so.

While I was standing at this stop I get to thinking the buses dont run soon, what happens then? Well I have no one I can really call to come get me. I could get a cab but that is expensive. Or I could walk 2 miles to catch the nearest bus.

Mind you the roads where clear, nothing hindering the travel, the snow was finally melting. When I finally get on the first bus people say the previous busses were cancelled! There was no email, no alert, nothing. Not only was I frustrated that there wasn't a bus, but now to find out they were cancelled!

My commute is already 2 hours long I don't need bus drama ontop of it. It was there at the bus stop I realized, I am alone. I am truly alone... I don't have anyone here in state I can feel like I trust. I seem to lose friends rather than keep them. Maybe the card reader from last week is right... If I don't fix who I am and where I need to go soon I might be in the grave sooner than later.

I guess I have a lot of work ahead of me. I just hope the nightmare is over soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment